Monday, November 1, 2010

First crush?

My kids do many things that surprise me, but probably the most startled I have been in a long time was this week when I went to Sean's Halloween party at school. We were walking down the hallway together when all of a sudden he grabs my arm, points at a girl (she looks like she is in fourth grade or so) and says really loudly "That's the girl I'm interested in!" Of course she and her friends hear him and are laughing (who can blame them?) and I am wondering what Sean is talking about because he is in kindergarten which is of course TOO YOUNG to have crushes!

Anyway, I started asking him questions, trying to figure out what he means by "interested in."

Me: "So do you want to be her friend?"
Sean: "No, I'm just interested in her!"

Me: "Do you think her face is pretty?"
Sean: "Not really much, but she has cool outfits! And she has cool shiny dark hair!"

I still do not know what he means by "interested in." But I guess I can't fault his fashion sense because the girl did have a really cute outfit on. We saw her in the hall again later and he repeated the performance ("There's the girl I'm interested in") loud enough for her and everyone around her to hear, of course.

Sean, despite having two parents who were very shy as children, is not at all shy himself. All I can say is, those girls better watch out when he gets to junior high!

3 comments:

  1. So so funny! I can totally picture it in my head! He is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! Your Sean is quite a character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st grade daughter (who's now 20): I like looking at Billy.
    Mom: How come?
    1st grade daughter: I just like the way his face looks . . . sigh . . .

    Sean is funny!

    ReplyDelete